Congratulations to the illustrious acts voted into the Central Pennsylvania Music Hall of Fame! The following acts were inducted in 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023.
Bret Michaels' acceptance speech
Rikki Rockett (drummer of Poison) expresses his thanks to the CPMHOF on behalf of Poison!
Halestorm was inducted LIVE on-stage on July 30th, 2021 at The York Fair!
The band thanks the CPMHOF for their election prior to the Induction Ceremony!
Pete Palladino is honored to be inducted into the CPMHOF!
Bret Alexander expresses his thanks to the CPMHOF for the induction and for supporting our local music community!
Jeffrey Gaines is appreciative of the CPMHOF and his fans!
Rich Clare celebrates Pentagon's 50th year as a band and their induction into the CPMHOF!
A compilation video celebrating The Sharks' 2020 induction into the CPMHOF!
o Al Shade
By direction of the Central Pennsylvania Music Hall of Fame (CPMHOF), the Hall of Fame Selection Committee is authorized to hold an election every year for the purpose of electing members to the CPMHOF from the ranks of ELIGIBLE current/retired/deceased musicians, bands and those entities who have been influential to growing and supporting the local/regional music area.
The Central Pennsylvania Hall of Fame Selection Committee is made up of 7 members. These members are members of the CPMHOF Board of Directors and/or Advisory Board. These members must be well respected in the local/regional area and must maintain this status. On a yearly basis, 3 At Large members from the Central Pennsylvania local/regional area will be chosen to serve on the Selection Committee for the purpose of casting a Hall of Fame Ballot.
Candidates to be eligible MUST have been active a minimum of 10 years and MUST meet one or more of the following:
· A(n) musician/band/entity born in, lived in, or is from Central Pennsylvania that has succeeded on a national scale. This would include, but not limited to:
o Success with record sales
o Having one or more hit song/charting track (IE: Billboard ranking, Grammy nominations/wins, or any other Awards, Honors of note, or the equivalent)
o National draw/popularity or lasting impact or legacy
· A(n) musician/band/entity must have contributed to the local/regional scene and exemplifies success, longevity, influence and/or impact.
· A Nominee will have a 10-year window of eligibility. If not elected within said window, their name will be removed from the list of Nominees. After a 1 year waiting period, they may be re nominated with a 5-year window of eligibility, before being permanently removed from the list of Nominees.
Method of Election:
The Chairman of the CPMHOF Selection Committee will chair all meetings and oversee all decisions made regarding the selection process for the Hall of Fame. The Chairman will prepare the ballots and the list of nominees to choose from. He/she will also ensure all nominees are eligible for consideration, and that the integrity of the selection process is maintained, fair and objective.
The selection process will be made up of 10 people serving on the Committee, with 3 people being “At Large” members. The “at large” members will serve a 1-year term. The members of the Selection Committee will vote for any number of candidates (maximum of 10) that he/she deems worthy of selection. These votes will be on a weighted scale, with 10 points being assigned to the top selection and 9 points for the next selection, and so on.
· Write in votes are not permitted. Write ins must be submitted formally in advance in the form of a written nomination.
· Nominations MUST be formally submitted via nomination Form. Deadline for nominations to be considered for the current year is June 30.
· No more than, but up to 6 nominees will be inducted each year. Any nominee in the top 5 or 6 that receives the highest number of votes of the ballots cast shall be elected to membership in the Central Pennsylvania Music Hall of Fame.
Voting shall be based upon the entity’s resume/legacy, skill, musicianship, integrity, character, and contributions to the local/regional/national music scene. It shall also be based upon the information provided on the written nomination form. NO ONE shall be considered without a proper written nomination.
Time of Election:
Voting will be completed at the convenience of the Selection Committee (typically no later than September 30). The vote shall then be tabulated by the duly authorized representatives of the Selection Committee. Newest Inductees will be announced/released at the discretion of the President and Founder.
The Board of Directors of the Central Pennsylvania Music Hall of Fame reserves the right to revoke, alter or amend these by laws at any time.